As warm weather approaches, and many industries are gearing up for their busy season, it is of the utmost importance to stay safe in your work environment. Here are some quick tips on doing so:
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always stay hydrated by drinking water.
- Always follow the correct procedures and safety rules.
- Always wear all of your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Never take shortcuts.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Keep a clean and organized workspace.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.
- When in doubt, contact your supervisor for instruction, guidance, or training.
- Never take risks when it comes to safety.
- Obey safety signs, stickers, and tags.
- Report serious injuries immediately to a supervisor and get emergency assistance.
- Keep things in perspective. Hazards may be limitless, so focus on the most likely risks first.
Stay safe and healthy this summer!