Follow these tips for staying safe during the cold months:
- Wear the right gloves for warmth and protection
- Dress in layers of light-weight material
- Keep your safety eyewear from fogging up in the cold
- Wear footwear with adequate tread for wet or icy surfaces
- Get plenty of rest
– Did you know that 70% of deaths during snow or ice storms occur in vehicles? It pays to carry blankets or sleeping bags, matches, candles, a snow shovel, sandbags, a flashlight, and non-perishable food such as cereal bars, in case a winter storm sidelines you in your vehicle.