In hot and humid weather, sometimes your body’s natural cooling system isn’t enough. Heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heatstroke pose a very real threat to outdoor workers. Employee safety is a top priority for us at Essential Personnel and that includes being safe in the heat. Here are some tips to keep employees cool and safe:
- Loose, light-colored clothing is ideal, along with a hat for shade and protection from the sun.
- Be conscious of warm conditions, especially if performing strenuous tasks.
- Take breaks in the shade when possible, remove any protective gear during the breaks.
- Avoid overexertion during peak temperature hours, especially midday.
- Have plenty of water available and encourage hydration-at least 8 ounces every 20 to 30 minutes.
Screening candidates to understand if they are physically capable of the job to providing tips to stay healthy, we work to do our part to protect our partners and their employees. At Essential Personnel we believe in safety first and think of safety always.