At Essential Personnel, we strive to keep our employees safe by reducing risk in their work environment. Through training, consistent communication and site studies, we work with our employees to maintain excellent safety practices.
Checking workplace safety throughout the day is an easy way to keep your working environment safe. Following safety protocols are in your and your coworkers’ best interests. Below are some good tips for keeping you and other people safe at work below.
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always stay hydrated by drinking water.
- Always follow the correct procedures and safety rules.
- Inform your direct supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Always wear all of your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Never take shortcuts with any job function.
- Use all tools and machines properly.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Keep a clean and organized work space.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.
- When in doubt, contact your supervisor for instruction, guidance, or training.
- Never take risks when it comes to safety.
- Obey safety signs, stickers, and tags.
- Prevent objects from falling.
- Use proper lifting techniques.
- Report serious injuries immediately to a supervisor and get emergency assistance.
- Keep things in perspective. Hazards may be limitless, so focus on the most likely risks first.
Taking time each day to make sure you stay safe is time well spent. If you ever have any questions about a situation, do not hesitate to reach out to one of our experienced consultants.