National Staffing Employee Week is Sept. 24–30. This special week provides the perfect opportunity to thank our temporary and contract employees for their contributions. We appreciate all of our employees and their dedication and hard work.
Thank you to our clients for the opportunities offered to our temporary and contact employees. We are grateful for the relationships we have built and the impact we have made together to help place thousands of job seekers.
The staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry makes a vital contribution to the U.S. economy, and provides outstanding job and career opportunities for more than 15 million employees per year.
More than three million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies during an average week.
During the course of a year, America’s staffing companies hire more than 15 million temporary and contract employees.
- Most (76%) work full time, comparable to the overall workforce (82%).
- Half (49%) of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job.
- Nine out 10 said staffing work made them more employable.
- One-third (35%) were offered a permanent job by a client where they worked on an assignment, and two-thirds (66%) of those accepted the offers of permanent employment.
- Individual assignments range from a few hours to several years; overall employment tenure averages just over three months.
- The average wage is more than $17 per hour.
The flexibility and job ownership offered through working as a contract employee can be valuable to many workers. To our current and past employees, thank you. You are appreciated!
Source: American Staffing Association